Contact a representative of the coach company as soon as you find out that your trip has been cancelled or that the service is delayed.
- If the matter is not resolved, you can file a written complaint with the coach company. The deadline for filing complaints is three months from the date of the delay/cancellation. Most European coach companies are not able to process complaints written in Finnish or Swedish, so you should write to them in English.
- Accompany your complaint with copies of your tickets and any receipts for food and other expenses that you may have incurred. Never send the originals.
- Always keep a copy of your complaint. If you use an online complaint form, also save a copy for yourself.
- Coach companies have an obligation to notify complainants of whether their complaint has been approved or rejected or if it is still being processed within one month of receipt. A final response to all complaints must be given within three months of receipt.
- If the coach company does not respond to your complaint or if you are dissatisfied with the answer, you can contact the European Consumer Centre. With regard to Finnish coach companies, help and advice is available from consumer advisory services.