Traders and service providers have an obligation to provide certain key details to allow consumers to make informed decisions about goods and services before placing an order online.
Make sure you can find these key details on the website before you place an order for goods or services, especially if the trader is based outside Finland, and read the information through carefully. Also read through our online shopping checklist.
The key details that must be provided beforehand include the following:
- The name, address, home country, telephone number and email address of the trader
- The address to which complaints can be sent, if different from above
- The main properties of the product or service
- The total price of the product or service, including tax, or the principles of determining the price of the product or service, if price cannot be determined in advance due to the nature of the product or service
- Information about the statutory 14-day cooling-off period
- A cancellation form
- Information about the absence of a right to cancel, where applicable
- Information indicating that the consumer must cover the costs of returning the goods if the consumer cancels the contract
- Information about the trader’s statutory liability to rectify defects (the warranty period varies from country to country)
- The contract terms and information about the contract being valid until further notice, where applicable
- Information about how the contract can be terminated, if there is no fixed term
- Information about how the contract can be terminated, if the contract is automatically renewable
- Information about the possibility of referring disputes to an out-of-court dispute resolution forum, where applicable